Posted by SEEDS on May 01 , 2020 - 10:41 am
Now that restrictions on landscaping are lifted and our favorite insects are waking up from spending their winter in your brush piles, SEEDS EcoCorps is here to take on your dirty jobs and get your property in order for the season!
Residential and Commercial Services Now Available:
- Yard clean up
- Eco-friendly landscaping
- Shoreline restoration & erosion control
Call to inquire about the below services for an estimate and to schedule once restrictions are lifted:
- Deconstructing those mystery rubble piles
- Small-scale construction
"The crew that I hired last year was attentive and did a good job; they were very pleasant to work with! I got a chance to get to know them and the work that they did, which I appreciated." - Emmy Lou Cholak, SEEDS EcoCorps Client
SEEDS EcoCorps can help you with any of the above projects, give us a call! To inquire about services, rates, and schedule your project contact: Jennifer Flynn at email@example.com or 231.947.0312.
Gardening Tips from EcoCorps Program Director Jennifer Flynn
- It's now warm enough to begin cleaning up and deadheading plants. It's important to wait until temperatures warm to protect beneficial insects that winter in leaves and plant stalks (including preying mantises!).
- Construct a compost pile or bin, and add your dead yard materials to it. This will add valuable carbon to mix with your nitrogen-rich green veggie scraps and energize the decomposition cycle.
- Read about and build hugelkulture beds. These beds are great for downed woody debris and create beneficial habitats for microbes while also helping our very porous, sandy soils retain moisture.
- Check for invasive species to remove and plan for native plants to replace them.
About EcoCorps: SEEDS EcoCorps, previously known as the SEEDS Youth Conservation Corps, is a green collar career exploration program. We provide an earn-while-you-learn format to support skill, leadership, and career development. Crew members gain valuable work experience while serving their local communities. SEEDS EcoCorps restores public and private lands. Our work includes habitat restoration, historic preservation, public park improvement, invasive species removal, small scale construction, reforestation, & more! Learn more about SEEDS EcoCorps here.