Fife Lake Elementary School

Fife Lake Elementary School

SEEDS Fife Lake Elementary After School program serves an average of 25 to 30 students each day. Students enrolled in grades K-3 are eligible to participate in the free programming, which runs from 3:00pm to 6:00pm, Monday through Thursday each week. Our classroom consists of  a library and literacy area with lots of books, pillows, blankets, and a fish tank. It also has a home center with a kitchen (play food and dishes and dress up clothes), an art "center" fully stocked with supplies and materials for creative expression, and a constructing/building and many various hands-on construction manipulatives area.  

SEEDS at Fife Lake Elementary visits the local library every week where students actively engage in reading, writing, and literacy activities, promoting a life-long love for reading and appreciation of their local library! Each month we have a Family Fun Night where family members are invited to do something fun with their children! In addition, we are always looking for new and exciting things to teach the students. We reach out to community members who specialize in areas such as music, cooking, science, nature, art, SEL, dance, karate, archery, sewing, organic gardening, farming bees, maple syrup producer, herbalist, dairy farmer or othes. The list is endless!

SEEDS incorporates diverse learning objectives and student engagement activities to the daily program. Students receive lessons and hands-on activities:

• STEM
  • Arts and Crafts
  • Cooking and Health
  • Social Emotional Learning
  • Environmental Awareness
  • Games and Sports
  • Mindfulness
  • SEL (Social-Emotional-Learning)
Monthly Calendar

Daily Schedule

3:00-3:30: Check-In and Recess

3:30-4:00: Dinner

4:00-4:15 Homework Help

4:15-4:30: Meet and Greet (SEL and Mindfulness

4:30-4:45: I like to Move It! Move It! (Get up and Move)

4:45-5:30: Enrichment (e-STEAM) Activity/Lesson

5:30-5:40: Snack

5:40--6:00: Child Choice, Center Engagement

6:00: Dismissal

SEEDS Fife Lake Elementary Staff Contact:

Site Coordinator: Jackie Jenkins

jackie @ecoseeds.org