AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates

SEEDS is looking for AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates!

SEEDS has summer associate positions available for its after school summer camp and youth work force.

SEEDS Summer Associate After School Summer Camp

Summary:

Term: 6/11/2018-8/12/2018

Duties: Working in our SEEDS After School Programs' Summer Day Camps in Mesick, Brethren, Rapid City, and Forest Area.

Hours: Full Time (36 hours a week during the day), Monday-Thursday and some Fridays.

Living Allowance: The AmeriCorps VISTA program provides a living allowance that enables you to live very frugally, like the community you are serving. The allowance is based on poverty rates for a single individual in your geographic area. The living allowance is paid biweekly and deposited directly into your bank account.

Biweekly Living Allowance: $472.22 or approximately $2,125 for 9 weeks.

End-of-Service Award: In successfully completing your 9-week term of service, you're eligible to receive either the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award (education award) of the VISTA end-of-service cash stipend.

Education Award: $1,252.91. The award is in the form of a voucher (not cash) and can be used for future educational training and related expenses at Title IV schools, and/or to repay existing eligible federal student loans. Be sure to visit the Ed Award site to learn which student loans are qualified and which are not.

End-of-Service Cash Stipend: The end-of-service cash stipend is paid in your last two living allowance payments, and you can use it however you like. Federal income tax and Social Security (FICA) deductions are withheld from the stipend at the time of payment. If you select the stipend, you cannot switch to the education award. For members starting service on or after July 9, 2017, the daily accrual rate for members is $4.94 ($311).

SEEDS Summer Associate Youth Work Force:

Summary:

Term: 6/11/2018-8/12/2018

Duties: The Youth Work Force Summer Associate will work in a team with other community partners to implement non-funded projects and improve area community services to youth in the region and the general public. Projects may include working at the SEEDS farm, data collection with partners, heavy labor at times, administrative, volunteer oversight, and program development tasks. The position may involve some regional travel and working with youth in the justice system. Interested parties should like working outdoors in varying weather and have familiarity with the Google Suite and MS Office.

Hours: Full Time (36 hours a week). Hours required may include evenings and weekends.

You will need to apply at the Americorps Website.  Please contact us for more details at jobs@ecoseeds.org!