After School Activities
Yup, all activities are free!
SEEDS provides after school programming at select schools in Northwest Michigan, supported in part by Michigan Department of Education 21st Century Community Learning Centers grants. We provide learning opportunities and access to healthy role models, mentors, and community advisors. Programs are designed specifically to supplement the school day making learning hands-on and fun.
The Michigan Department of Education awarded 93 After School grants in the 2009-2010 program year. Seventeen went to community-based organization including SEEDS. Statewide, 46,238 students participated in after school programming. Our after school program serves an average of 220 students each and every program day.
Did you know?
SEEDS After School provided thousands of contact hours of quality learning opportunities in the 2011 school year including:
- 19,500 hours of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) programming
- 18,000 hours of Service Learning, including Youth Conservation Corps
- 13,500 hours of Arts & Culture activities
- 19,000 hours of obesity-fighting physical activity (not including physically demanding Youth Corps time!)
One student's appreciation...
Overall, compared to the state average, SEEDS After School students:
- report more opportunities for governance/decision making (44% : 38%)
- report more opportunities for engagement (60% : 57%)
- report more opportunities for interaction (53% : 50%)
- report more peer relationships (56% : 42%)
- are more likely to be academically at risk (78% : 69%)
Click here for more information and answers to common questions!
Click on the links below to see more about each school site.
- Please be informed that 21st CCLC After School programs are equally available to private school students and homeschooled students in these service districts, provided that there is room in the particular site’s program.
- Should you have any questions, please refer to the links above to find the Site Coordinator for the school closest to you or call our office during regular business hours 231-947-0312
21st CCLC Open to Private Schools.pdf